KNOW THE STRESS FACTORS OF AQUARIUM FISHES
There are many sources of stress in aquarium fish, the most common of which are :
- water parameters unsuitable for their well-being (water hardness, PH level or temperature)
- An aquarium of insufficient size.
- A food of poor quality or unsuitable for the species.
- The fish are sick.
- Too frequent handling of the fish.
As the proverb says “prevention is better than cure” so please do not allow these factors to be present in your aquarium even if you do not yet notice any existing symptoms.
RECOGNIZE THE SYMPTOMS
When a fish suffers from stress, its behaviour changes, it will be more likely to isolate itself from the group and hide among the aquarium decor, its activity may also decrease and it will tend not to wander around the aquarium anymore.
On the contrary, some species may become aggressive.
HEALING YOUR FISH’S STRESS
As soon as you notice one of the signs of stress, identify the cause and remove it from your aquarium.
- If your fish show symptoms of disease, treat it as soon as possible with an appropriate medication.
- Find out more about the species concerned, what their habits and needs are.
- Make sure that the food you give them is of good quality and adapted to their needs.
- Please make sure that your tanks are not overcrowded, the prescribed quantity and 1 cm of fish for 2 liters of water.